Product: Organic Black Pepper Powder
Available in 250g
Description: Native to South India where it is extensively cultivated, black pepper (also playfully called 'the king of spices') has today found its way into almost every household in the world. The fruit of the black pepper plant from the Piperaceae family, referred to simply as 'black peppercorns' get their spiciness from the chemical piperine. Used traditionally to preserve food due to their anti-bacterial properties, today, black peppers are extensively being used in modern medicine. A rich source of minerals like manganese, copper, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, and vitamins like riboflavin, vitamin c, k, and b6 makes including black pepper in our daily diets a must for good health.
- Free from artificial chemicals and additives.
- Certified organic. Premium quality and superior taste.
- Suitable for Vegans. Free from all animal testing.
- Black pepper is a rich source of minerals like manganese, copper, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, and vitamins like riboflavin, vitamin C, K, and B6. Black pepper has a high content of dietary fiber.
- Spice Root works closely with organic farmers in India to procure the best quality organic products.
Ingredients: Organic Black Pepper Powder
Features And Benefits
- Improves Digestion – Black pepper increases the hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach, thereby facilitating digestion. Black pepper also helps prevent the formation of intestinal gas and helps in promoting sweating and urination which leads to the removal of toxins from the body.
- Aids In Relieving Cold And Cough – Black pepper is antibacterial in nature and therefore aids in curing colds and cough. Black pepper also provides relief from sinusitis and nasal congestion. It has an expectorant property that helps break up the mucus and phlegm depositions in the respiratory tract.
- Increases Metabolism And Enables Weight Loss – Black pepper is excellent in its ability to extract nutrients from food. It's outermost layer contains phytonutrients, which helps to break down fat cells, and also increase metabolism.
- Possess Anti-bacterial properties – Black pepper has anti-bacterial properties that help fight infections. Regular consumption of black peppers can help keep the arteries clean by scraping excess cholesterol from the walls, thereby reducing atherosclerosis.
- Add just a pinch or more of Spice Root’s organic black pepper powder to your meat, curries, steaks for added favour and health benefits.
- Mix organic black pepper powder with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt to make a delicious salad dressing.
- Organic black pepper powder works extremely well in soups, stews, marinades, and other sauces that are cooked slowly enhancing their flavour and aromas.
Shelf life of two years provided that goods are stored in an airtight container in ambient conditions.
Allergy Advice: Please consult your physician if you have any concerns regarding the usage of this product.
All orders placed by noon will be dispatched the same day (excluding weekends).