Product: Organic Nigella Seeds
Available in 100g
Description: Nigella seeds (black-caraway, nigella or kalonji) also known by several other names including fennel flower seeds, roman coriander seeds, black cumin seeds and black seeds come from the flowering nigella sativa and are widely used in food preparations across the Indian-subcontinent, middle east, and the mediterranean. Containing fibre, minerals and essential fats, these little seeds pack a powerful punch offering protection against various ailments and boasting overall health.
- Free from artificial chemicals and additives.
- Certified organic. Premium quality and superior taste.
- Suitable for Vegans. Free from all animal testing.
- A unique source of thymoquinone — a plant chemical compound that may have valuable abilities in reducing mutant cell proliferation. Known to reduce histamine production, and in helping to alleviate inflammatory conditions.
- Spice Root works closely with organic farmers in India to procure the best quality organic products.
Ingredients: Organic Nigella Seeds
Features And Benefits
- Helps Protect The Heart – Nigella seeds contains thymoquinone, a substance known to possess heart-protective qualities. Daily consumption of nigella seeds helps boost overall heart health.
- Aids in reducing fasting blood sugar levels – Just two grams of nigella seeds every day, have shown to reduce fasting blood sugar levels, along with decreased insulin resistance, and increased beta-cell function in the pancreas.
- Possess Anti-convulsive Properties – A recent study published in the medical science monitor, found nigella seeds to be effective at reducing the frequency of seizures in children who resisted conventional treatment.
- Mix a heaped teaspoonful of ground black nigella sativa seeds to your favourite fruit juices. Consume it daily as a natural remedy for coughs, colds, and sore throat.
- The wonderful peppery pungent flavour that they provide make organic nigella seeds a great addition to curries, spiced dals, salads, baked breads and casseroles.
- Sprinkle some of spice root’s organic nigella seeds on top of breads, eggs, chutneys and dips for a zesty kick!
Shelf life of two years provided that goods are stored in an airtight container in ambient conditions.
Please consult your physician if you have any concerns regarding the usage of this product.
All orders placed by noon will be dispatched the same day (excluding weekends).