Product: Organic Psyllium Husk
Available in 40g and 500g
Description: Psyllium is a form of fibre that is made from the husks of the Plantago Ovata plant’s seeds. It is also more commonly known as Ispaghula. Although traditionally used as a laxative, new research shows that taking psyllium husk is beneficial to many parts of the human body, including the heart and the pancreas. This wonder food is a prebiotic, edible soluble fibre. Once ingested, it soaks up water in your gut and makes bowel movements much easier thereby keeping your system clean and functioning effectively.
- Free from artificial chemicals and additives.
- Certified organic. Premium quality and superior taste.
- Suitable for vegans. Free from all animal testing.
- Regular intake of Organic Psyllium Husk can relieve constipation, help lower blood sugar levels and maintain heart health.
- Spice Root works closely with organic farmers in India to procure the best quality organic products.
Ingredients: Organic Psyllium Husk
Features And Benefits
- Relieves Constipation – This amazing fibre first binds with all the partially digested food that's passing from the stomach into the small intestine and then with the absorption of water, which increases the size and moisture of stools. The end result is bigger and more easily passable stools and a cleaner excretory system.
- Helps Lower Cholesterol Levels And Maintain Heart Health – Psyllium binds to the fat and bile acids in the body, which promotes their excretion from your body. In the process of replacing these lost bile acids, the liver uses cholesterol to produce more. As a result, blood cholesterol levels decrease. Some studies are showing that Regular intake of psyllium fiber has been linked to reduced blood pressure, lowered triglycerides levels and reduced risk of heart disease.
- Aids in Lowering Blood Sugar Levels – Psyllium is able to delay food digestion, which helps regulate blood sugar levels. This only works if taken with food and not on its own.
- Assists In Healthy Weight Management – Once consumed, Psyllium Husk provides a feeling of satiety causing us to not overeat.
- Add Organic Psyllium Husk in the making of bread, cakes and pancakes. It will absorb excess water or moisture and make the texture more consistent.
- Include Organic Psyllium Husk it in your breakfast cereals and pasta for additional fibre.
- Use Organic Psyllium Husk as a thickener in ice creams or frozen desserts, it won't take anything away from the taste but will provide you with the benefit of additional fibre.
Shelf life of two years provided that goods are stored in an airtight container in ambient conditions.
Allergy Advice: Please consult your physician if you have any concerns regarding the usage of this product.
All orders placed by noon will be dispatched the same day (excluding weekends).