Product: Organic Ajwain. Also known as Carom Seeds or Bishop’s Weed
Available in 150g
Description: Bishop’s weed, also known as Carom seeds or Ajwain (in India) have a bitter taste but a strong aromatic essence and are highly valuable in natural medicine. Used in traditionally in Ayurvedic medicine for stomach disorders such as indigestion, flatulence, diarrhoea and colic, these amazing seeds offer a tremendous amount of health benefits if consumed regularly. Rich in fibre, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants, these tiny nutrient boosters are commonly added in spice blends, and sprinkled in dough before baking.
- Free from artificial chemicals and additives
- Certified organic. Premium quality and superior taste.
- Suitable for vegans.
- Spice Root works closely with organic farmers in India to procure the best quality organic products
Ingredients: Organic Whole Carom Seeds (Also called Ajwain / Bishop’s weed)
Features And Benefits
- Aids In Digestion – Carom seeds (Bishop’s weed or Ajwain) help improve the digestive efficiency of the gut and stimulate the release of gastric juices. Regular consumption of these powerhouse seeds has shown to be effective in preventing constipation, bloating and cramps in the abdomen.
- Helps Strengthen The Immune System – The essential oils (rich with compounds such as thymol, limonene, pinene, and terpinene) in these seeds have strong antioxidant and antiviral properties that give the immune system a major boost.
- Boosts Respiratory Health – The active ingredient in Carom seeds or Ajwain (Also called Bishop’s Weed), thymol, has potent anti-inflammatory properties, making it an ideal solution for sore throats and other infections of the respiratory system.
- Add Ajwain (Also called Carom Seeds or Bishop’s Weed) to your regular preparation of Green Tea to enjoy the additional health benefits offered by the seeds. This tea can be especially beneficial during digestive problems.
- Add Ajwain to your favourite soups, etc.
- Including Carom Seeds (Ajwain) in your recipe for shortbreads gives a healthy twist to your yummy snack.
Shelf life of two years provided that goods are stored in an airtight container in ambient conditions.
Allergy Advice: Please consult your physician if you have any concerns regarding the usage of this product.
Packed in a facility that also handles nuts, soya, mustard and gluten.
All orders placed by noon will be dispatched the same day (excluding weekends).