Product: Organic Black Peppercorns
Available in 200g
Description: Native to South India where it is extensively cultivated, black peppercorns (sometimes called ‘the king of spices’) have today found their way into almost every household in the world. The fruit of the black pepper plant from the Piperaceae family, referred to simply as ‘black peppercorns’ get their spiciness from the chemical piperine. Used traditionally to preserve food due to their anti-bacterial properties, today, black peppers are extensively being used in modern medicine. A rich source of minerals and vitamins make black peppercorns a must-have in our daily diet.
- Free from artificial chemicals and additives.
- Certified organic. Premium quality and superior taste.
- Suitable for vegans.
- Spice Root works closely with organic farmers in India to procure the best quality organic products.
Ingredients: Whole Black Peppercorns
Features And Benefits
- Improves Digestion – Black peppercorns increase the hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach, thereby facilitating digestion. Black peppercorns also help prevent the formation of intestinal gas and helps in promoting sweating and urination which leads to the removal of toxins from the body.
- Aids In Relieving Cold And Cough – Black peppercorns are antibacterial in nature and therefore aids in curing colds and cough. Black peppercorns also provide relief from sinusitis and nasal congestion. It has an expectorant property that helps break up the mucus and phlegm depositions in the respiratory tract.
- Increases Metabolism And Enables Weight Loss – Black peppercorns are excellent in their ability to extract nutrients from food. Their outermost layer contains phytonutrients, which helps to break down fat cells, and also increase metabolism.
- Possess Anti-bacterial properties – Black peppercorns have anti-bacterial properties that help fight infections. Regular consumption of black peppercorns can help keep the arteries clean by scraping excess cholesterol from the walls, thereby reducing atherosclerosis.
- Sprinkle a dash of freshly crushed organic black peppercorns over your favourite pasta, pizza to add that extra zing to the flavour.
- Taking a teaspoon of honey with freshly crushed organic black peppercorns can help provide relief from cold and cough.
- Use organic black peppercorns to spice up sauces for steaks or curries, or use it to coat meats before grilling them.
Shelf life of two years provided that goods are stored in an airtight container in ambient conditions.
Allergy Advice: Please consult your physician if you have any concerns regarding the usage of this product.
Packed in a facility that also handles nuts, soya, mustard and gluten.
All orders placed by noon will be dispatched the same day (excluding weekends).