Product: Organic Chana Dal (Also called Split Yellow Gram or Bengal Gram)
Available in 1kg
Description: Being highly nutritious, easily digestible and delicious in taste, makes the chana dal an extremely popular lentil in Indian cuisine. As it is low in fat and most of it being polyunsaturated, high in fibre, this yellow lentil offers a host of health benefits if included in your daily diet.
- Free from artificial chemicals and additives.
- Certified organic. Premium quality and superior taste.
- Suitable for Vegans.
- Low in fat, high in fibre and helpful source of zinc, folate, calcium and protein makes chana dal one of the healthiest lentils to consume.
- Spice Root works closely with organic farmers in India to procure the best quality organic products.
Ingredients: Organic Chana Dal
Features And Benefits
- Helps Lower Cholesterol – As chana dal is low in fat (most of it polyunsaturated) and high in fibre, consuming it regularly has shown to aid in lowering cholesterol.
- An Alternative To For Animal Or Meat Protein – As chana dal is protein-rich, regular consumption of this lentil helps in eradicating protein deficiency or malnutrition in vegetarians and vegans.
- Good For Diabetics – As chana dal has a low hypoglycemic index, but is rich in other nutrients it makes it important inclusion in any meal plan for diabetics.
- Helps Relieve & Prevent Constipation – Due to its high fibre content, chana dal has shown an ability to aid faecal bulking and helping both relieve and prevent constipation.
- Cook organic chana dal by first soaking and then boiling it in water. Add your favourite herbs or Indian masalas to create a rich aromatic dal preparation. Eat it with rice and roti Indian bread, and enjoy the wonderful flavour and the health benefits derived from the meal.
- Create a stew with organic chana dal, vegetables, especially bitter gourds and squashes, and enjoy the warm & nourishing meal on a cold winter eventing.
- Combine organic chana dal with vegetables such as spinach and boutle gourd to create a different aromatic flavour and the your body will also thank you for the extra fibre and protein content in your meal.
Shelf life of two years provided that goods are stored in an airtight container in ambient conditions.
Allergy Advice:Please consult your physician if you have any concerns regarding the usage of this product.
Packed in a facility that also handles nuts, soya, mustard and gluten.
All orders placed by noon will be dispatched the same day (excluding weekends).