Product: Organic Chickpeas (Kabuli Chana)
Available in 1kg
Description: You can eat them cold in salads, or cooked in stews, ground them into flour, ground and shape them in balls to fry as falafels, these are chickpeas – one of the most nutrient-dense legumes enjoyed all over the world. One of the earliest cultivated legumes, chickpeas are today a staple in Indian, Turkish, Mediterranean, Middle-Eastern, & European cuisine. Chickpeas are a rich source of protein, dietary fibre, folate, and certain dietary minerals such as iron and phosphorus, thiamin, vitamin b6, magnesium, and zinc making it one of the most recommended ingredients for any dietary plan.
- Free from artificial chemicals and additives.
- Certified organic. Premium quality and superior taste.
- Suitable for Vegans.
- Chickpeas nutrition boasts high levels of iron, zinc, folate, phosphorus, and Vitamin B.
- Spice Root works closely with organic farmers in India to procure the best quality organic products.
Ingredients: Organic Chickpeas
Features And Benefits
- Helps Build And Maintain Bone Health – Chickpeas are a good source of iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and vitamin K, all of which contribute to building and maintaining bone structure and strength.
- Assists In Maintaining Heart Health – The high fibre, potassium, vitamin c, and vitamin b-6 content in chickpeas helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and helps support overall heart health.
- Supports Overall Well-being – The selenium present in Chickpeas helps the enzymes of the liver to function properly and detoxify some toxic compounds in the body. Additionally, selenium prevents inflammation and decreases tumour growth rates. Chickpeas also contain folate, which plays a role in DNA synthesis and repair.
- Aids In Reducing Chronic Inflammation – The choline present in chickpeas helps with sleep, muscle movement, learning, and memory. Choline also plays an important role in maintaining the structure of cellular membranes, and aids in the transmission of nerve impulses, assists in the absorption of fat and reduces chronic inflammation.
- Puree organic chickpeas with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and tahini to make a quick and delicious hummus. Enjoy it with Peta bread or use it as a spread.
- Add organic chickpeas to any vegetable soup to increase its nutritional content.
- Toss organic chickpeas and a variety of other legumes, nuts, seeds and some corn kernels with any vinaigrette for an easy protein-packed bean salad.
Shelf life of two years provided that goods are stored in an airtight container in ambient conditions.
Allergy Advice:Please consult your physician if you have any concerns regarding the usage of this product.
Packed in a facility that also handles nuts, soya, mustard and gluten.
All orders placed by noon will be dispatched the same day (excluding weekends).