Product: Organic Fenugreek Seeds
Available in 250 gm
Description: The seeds from the fenugreek plant, which bears the scientific name Trigonella foenum-graecum, are blessed with a a number of minerals, organic compounds, antioxidants, and vitamins that help to regulate blood sugar, protect against heart diseases, lower cholesterol levels, optimize digestion, and protect the immune system. Widely considered as a great tonic for various parts of the body, fenugreek seeds are also ground and used as a spice in India.
- Free from artificial chemicals and additives.
- Certified organic. Premium quality and superior taste.
- Suitable for Vegans.
- Fenugreek also contains a number of powerful phytonutrients, including choline, trigonelline, yamogenin.
- Spice Root works closely with organic farmers in India to procure the best quality organic products.
Ingredients: Organic Whole Fengugreek Seeds
Features And Benefits
- Lowers Cholesterol – Research studies show that regular consumption of fenugreek & its seeds can help to reduce the levels of low-density Lipoprotein (LDL) significantly, which in-turn can prevent various conditions like atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and strokes. It is also a relaively rich source of fiber, which scrapes excess cholesterol off of the arteries and blood vessels.
- Reduces Cardiovascular Risks – Fenugreek seeds contain about 25% galactomannan – a type of natural soluble fiber which specifically relates to a reduction in cardiovascular diseases.
- Helps Relieve Constipation – The natural water soluble fiber in the seeds help relieve constipation.
- Reduces Inflammation Inside the Body – Fenugreek & its seeds appears to slow absorption of sugars in the stomach and cool inflammation within the body.
- Beneficial For New Mothers – Fenugreek can increase a woman’s breast milk supply because it acts as a galactagogue, which is a substance to increase milk supply. This stimulates the milk ducts and can increase milk production in as little as 24 hours.
- Fenugreek seeds can also be ground into a powdered spice form, which is used as a popular flavoring agent in some cuisines.
- Take 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds and crush slightly. Soak in hot water for 3 hours. Strain the water, add 1 tea bag or tea leaves, add lemon and a pinch of honey for flavor and enjoy your cup of hot herbal tea.
Shelf life of two years provided that goods are stored in an airtight container in ambient conditions.
Allergy Advice: Please consult your physician if you have any concerns regarding the usage of this product.
Packed in a facility that also handles nuts, soya, mustard and gluten.
All orders placed by noon will be dispatched the same day (excluding weekends).