Product: Organic Liquorice Roots
Available in 100g
Description: Liquorice root, also known as sweet root, refers to the root of a plant called Glycyrrhiza Glabra – a native to Europe and Asia. Although today, it has become associated with a strong candy flavour, people have also used liquorice roots for centuries for its medicinal benefits. Early Egyptians used it in tea as a cure-all concoction, while in China, it became an important herb in Chinese medicinal tradition. Modern research has now started associating regular consumption of liquorice root as a helpful in the treatment of heartburn, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, PMS and pain relief.
- Free from artificial chemicals and additives.
- Certified organic. Premium quality and superior taste.
- Suitable for Vegans.
- Spice Root works closely with organic farmers in India to procure the best quality organic products.
Ingredients: Organic Whole Liquorice Roots
Features And Benefits
- Helps Soothe Gastrointestinal Problems – Liquorice roots contain Glycyrrhizic acid, a compound possessing anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. Glycyrrhizic acid can suppress the toxic bacteria and can prevent it from growing in the gut.
- Aids In Cleansing Your Respiratory System – Liquorice roots when consumed orally can help the body produce healthy mucus. The production of this clean and healthy phlegm keeps the respiratory system functioning without old, sticky mucus clogging it.
- Assists In Reducing Stress – Regular consumption of Liquorice roots can stimulate the adrenal gland and promote a healthy level of Cortisol & Adrenaline in the blood. Higher levels of Cortisol & Adrenaline in the blood are an indication of high stress.
- Effective Against Heartburn And Acid Reflux – Recent studies establish a connection between consumption of liquorice roots and treatment of heartburn and acid reflux.
- Place an Organic Liquorice root in boiling water and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. Combine with green tea or any other tea of choice, taking this before bed is especially helpful in getting a good night’s sleep.
Shelf life of two years provided that goods are stored in an airtight container in ambient conditions.
Allergy Advice: Please consult your physician if you have any concerns regarding the usage of this product.
Packed in a facility that also handles nuts, soya, mustard and gluten.
All orders placed by noon will be dispatched the same day (excluding weekends).