Product: Organic Red Kidney Beans (Lal Rajma)
Available in 1kg
Description: Red kidney beans, also commonly known as just kidney beans are an integral part of the cuisine in northern regions of India, New Orleans and much of southern Louisiana in the United States of America, Spain, Netherlands, and Indonesia. Named for its visual resemblance in shape and colour to a kidney, red kidney beans are a very good source of fibre, protein and a significant source of folate and magnesium. Recently published studies now ascertain that regular consumption of red kidney beans can play a very important part in maintaining heart health.
- Free from artificial chemicals and additives.
- Certified organic. Premium quality and superior taste.
- Suitable for Vegans.
- Spice Root works closely with organic farmers in India to procure the best quality organic products.
Ingredients: Organic Whole Red Kidney Beans
Features And Benefits
- Lowers Cholesterol And Reduces Heart Disease Risk – Recently published medical studies indicate that regularly eating high fibre foods, such as kidney beans, plays an important part in maintaining heart health. Kidney beans’ contribution to heart health lies not just in their fibre but in the significant amounts of folate and magnesium these beans supply. Folate helps lower levels of homocysteine and Magnesium is Nature’s own calcium channel blocker. When there is enough magnesium around, veins and arteries breathe a sigh of relief and relax, which lessens resistance and improves the flow of blood, oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
- Controls Blood Sugar – In addition to its beneficial effects on the digestive system and the heart, soluble fibre found in red kidney beans helps stabilize blood sugar levels. If you have insulin resistance, hypoglycemia or diabetes, kidney beans can really help you balance blood sugar levels while providing steady, slow-burning energy.
- Aids In Weight Loss – Red kidney beans are a very good source of fibre and protein which help the body feel satiated after consumption thereby reducing the urge to overeat. Also, the manganese in red kidney beans plays an important function in energy production ensuring you have a constant supply of energy after the meal.
- Provides A Protein-packed Alternative To Animal Meat – Heart-healthy red kidney beans are a good source of protein, and when combined with a whole grain such as whole wheat pasta or brown rice provide protein comparable to that of meat or dairy foods without the high calories or saturated fat found in these foods.
- Combine cooked red kidney beans, black beans, white beans with tomatoes and onions, dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper to make a colourful three bean salad.
- Use organic red kidney beans in place of ground meat in your tacos for a nutritious vegetarian twist.
- In a food processor or blender, combine cooked organic red kidney beans with garlic, cumin and chili peppers for a delicious spread that can be used as a dip or sandwich filling.
Shelf life of two years provided that goods are stored in an airtight container in ambient conditions.
Allergy Advice: Please consult your physician if you have any concerns regarding the usage of this product.
Packed in a facility that also handles nuts, soya, mustard and gluten.
All orders placed by noon will be dispatched the same day (excluding weekends).